Thursday, February 26, 2009

Thick Skin

I have been really struggling the past few days with this idea of having "thick skin and a soft heart" in regard to ministry. I have realized over the past couple of weeks that my "skin" is not as tough as I'd like it to be nor as it needs to be. So, How DO I develop toughness yet keep the softness of my heart? I have yet to discover anything groundbreaking and within the past few days have been praying vivaciously for some help in this area. I Do not know how some people do it. This is probably my most vulnerable blog ever posted, but I feel that so many of us struggle with insecurities, authentically loving people unconditionally, serving God, pleasing people, pleasing God, doing things we do not want to do, doing what is right despite opposition, and being the type of leader who doesn't let certain things phase him/her, all at the same time. These are tough things to balance and work through; at times, difficult dragons to slay. I guess, as Mark Driscoll says, since I can't afford theropy this will have to do for now :-)

Thoughts?

No comments: