Friday, February 13, 2009

Stop, Collaborate, and Listen

I find myself getting distracted and off track at times throughout the day. So, I decided to PAUSE half way through the day for about 5 to 10 minutes and refocus my priorities. I put it in my iCal as a reminder, and I call it "Stop, Collaborate, and Listen." (innovative right?!?!) I Drop everything, Pause, and read my Bible or pray or read my Bible and pray or just sit in silence and breathe. I also might do some journaling or blogging. All this does for me is get me on track with what Jesus wants, NOT what I want or think should be. I am Designing this 10 minutes or so to hear from God in the middle of my day. I want to do His will, which can be elusive for a guy like me who is so driven and tends to do my own will (or everyone else's) rather than God's.

I am finding that refocussing and doing some good 'ol fashion surrendering goes a LONG LONG WAY.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Yet another GREAT idea from Sean Silverii. Or Vanilla Ice depending on how you look at it. Well done friend.

Sean Silverii said...

HAHA. thanks brutha. I will have to say though, you have given me more ideas than i have given myself!