Friday, February 27, 2009

National Youth Workers Conference

In a couple of hours I will be leaving for Group's National Youth Workers Conference in Columbus Ohio, which is hosting names like: Jeanne Mayo, Mike DeVries, Jim Burns, Bo Boshers, Kay Warren, and of course Doug Fields. I AM FLIPPIN' STOKED OUT OF MY MIND!!! I am so blessed to have a Lead Pastor and a board who allows me to participate in things like this! I am taking three of my leaders with me and we are going to just soak it all in. I am PUMPED! Did I mention that?

Anyway, I think with a great conference like this, it is easy to walk away with 50 different ideas on how to run a youth ministry, build a team, and change your community. But I think the key is not to walk away from something like this and try to implement those 50 or 15 or 10.....not even 5 things you gather. I think the idea, at least this is what is going on in my head, is to walk away with 1 or 2, maximum 3, things that will really work right now; that will help our youth ministry take that NEXT STEP forward. It's all about baby steps in life and the same goes in any ministry capacity. I have to tell myself this all the time because I am so driven and vision/goal oriented, I get way ahead of myself. I think many of us leaders can relate to this. Therefore, my mindset is to walk away with just a couple of ideas to implement, and I will file away the rest for another season. With that, I now digress....

No comments: