Wednesday, February 18, 2009

I Am Pumped UP!!

Tonight we conclude a two week series on sharing your faith with others. It was a good two part message, but I must admit that I've been a little distracted during it because I have been looking forward to the future. I feel kind of weird admitting this, but it is true. Beginning in March, we kick off a new series which will probably take us into the Summer, called "Drop Some Knowledge." I AM SO PUMPED FOR US TO BEGIN!! We will be going through the book of Proverbs, picking out some of the most famous sayings of the likes of Solomon and some of the other dudes who wrote in the book. We will touch on and go deep into issues like sex, money, obedience, vision, character, wisdom (of course!), honesty, slander versus loyalty, and many other topics.

This is exactly what teenagers in our culture need: some knowledge. BUT, NOT just any knowledge...sound Biblical knowledge that leads to a life of freedom, responsibility, and fulfillment. I believe the Proverbial sayings have much to offer this generation; therefore, I Am stoked out of my mind to Drop Some Knowledge on them!!! IF you haven't noticed...I am pumped!!!! :-)

No comments: