Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Youth Convention part Deuscie!!

So, to start out my very first traveling event with my students, our bus decides that it will not start. So, my bus driver, leader, and I are out in the -5 degree cold for four hours trying to get this thing started. We ended up replacing the batteries on our "beast" of a bus, sprayed some starter fluid and we were off to Columbus.

To be honest, i had a real good time and so did my teenagers. I am not your Gun-ho A/G guy, but our District Director did a good job with this A/G event. He is "green" (like me) and therefore it was his first big event too. There was nothing extravagant or wicked awesome that made you go, "That was AAHHHMAZING", but convention was solid; he produced a win, and teenagers were touched. Rick Lorimer was the guest speaker; he is a real cool guy and yells a lot when he teaches. Tom (our Director) spoke in the last session and absolutely connected with the students...he did a GREAT job challenging our kids to be authentic and live for God; to be a missionary to their friends. Overall, i am excited about what Tom has for this District in the future.

No comments: