Monday, December 1, 2008

Road Retards

i am just going to vent for a couple seconds here...since i can't afford therapy, this is going to have to do...

so, there are some tiny snow flurries today (which i was, surprisingly, delighted to see) which in turn makes it a tad bit nippy out, which in turn makes the roads a little slick.
anyway, i am driving to the office today, on my day off, to tie up some loose ends since i was not in wednesday through sunday. as i am driving, an old small brown honda civic is about to turn out of a burger king driveway into my lane, when the dude driving the friggin car skips looking to his left and proceeds into my lane.
now, being the good california driver that i am, notice this genius and anticipate what is about to happen from about 50 to 60 feet away. I slam on my breaks (which didn't matter because if you recall, the roads are a little slick) and conveniently honk my horn as i slide up just behind him...thankfully not destroying his puny excuse for a car. NOW, This is what ticks me off:

  1. the guy didn't even try to see if a car was coming. all he had to do was turn his head rather than adjust the radio. There was just an assumption made on his part...and we all know what that does.
  2. HOW COULD YOU MISS MY CAR?!?!?! it is a lifted, white, Toyota 4Runner SUV!! even if the dude didn't look, there is a good chance he could have seen me coming.
  3. He didn't even attempt to APOLOGIZE!!! he just went about his merry way. disregards the fact that my monster SUV could have chewed him up and swallowed him whole, no need to spit out anything (i know i'm being a little dramatic. i will apologize to all who are irritated at this point). BUT, the dude didn't do anything! so, i'm thinking: "i should have plowed right into him. woulda taught him a lesson and i would have been covered because it was his fault. plus, my SUV would have had very little damage." but that is not a good motive.....i think :)
now, i don't get as worked up if someone checks all angles, makes sure things are clear and just flat out doesn't see you. BUT, this guy didn't even look!! that, in my opinion, is flat out stupid. how does a person not look into oncoming traffic? absurd.....
does anyone else have a similar story, or am i unique on this?

thank you for putting up with my frustration. I now digress.

1 comment:

Lillian said...

You are assuming he had insurance!! A car like that wouldn't have much if any (doesn't matter what the law is). Just a thought for next time. =>