Thursday, December 18, 2008

New Year's Resolution

I am not one for New Year's resolutions since I'm so driven and goal oriented anyway. Beside, nothing really comes of them. However, this morning i was in the office of one of our Pastor's chatting it up and he expressed that he reads through the Bible every year. His wife spoke up and said that he has done this ever since his first year in ministry. That would be a whopping TWENTY FIVE YEARS!!! Needless to say, i was slightly impressed. To consistently read the Bible from cover to cover for that long is a great achievement.

In this middle of this conversation, i came to the realization that i have never read the Word cover to cover...never. so, i decided to give it a shot this year. Going to call it my New Year's Resolution. It is officially my first year in ministry, therefore i will start blazing my trail by reading the whole Bible for all its worth. Wish me favor!!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I agree friend. I have decided on the same thing. Two hearts beat as one!

One Lucky Woman said...

You can do it, tear it up!

One Lucky Woman said...

By the way this is Chris not Jamie I forgot to sign off Jamie's account. Haha!

Unknown said...

How is your resolution going? I had some make-up to do today. Papa's back on track now. Hope all is well friend.