Friday, July 31, 2009

Sick

As a young, strapping, single, youth pastor, I hate being sick. I hate being sick period...even when I wasn't in this position of leadership. But here is why I hate it even more now:

First,
people feel the need to mother me and/or tell me what I need to do or not do......all the time! Now, if you are one of my good friend's or a family member, I tolerate it. But these people do not know me that well. It's like certain people flock toward those who are sick or in pain. It's almost like their drug...they have to be around it. But I did not ask for people's opinions or diagnoses or thoughts on what I am doing wrong; NOR do I like people mothering me. My mom is the only one who get's to do that; I like it when she does it, not those I barely know (to those of you who think this is an attack on you, I GUARANTEE IT IS NOT. I'M JUST VENTING).
Second, I realize how much I miss my family. I miss my mom and her insight and her help. I am a total momma's boy and since moving to Cincinnati I realize how much of a momma's boy I really am!! It's bad!! And oh so good :-)

Anyways, to steal from Mark Driscoll, I'm venting on this here guy because I really can't afford therapy; this blog will just have to do. <3

No comments: